Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1961 Telecaster Relic Aged Olympic White
The Telecaster was in high demand in the early 1960s, with new custom colors and a flat slab rosewood fingerboard. Once thought to be eventually phased out after the arrival of the Jazzmaster (1958) and before the Jaguar (1962), it became clear to Fender that the Telecaster was destined to stay. After countless stage and studio appearances throughout the decades, its design purity, workhorse simplicity and distinctively snappy tone remain as vital as ever today
This 1961 Telecaster Relic honors that year’s model, with original features and a few slight modifications to improve the overall playing experience. The two-piece select alder body has a Thin Relic lacquer finish and three-ply nitro mint green pickguard. The quartersawn maple neck has a comfortable oval-C profile and smooth unfinished back for streamlined feel and seamless play, topped by a 9.5" radius flat-lam rosewood fretboard with 21 narrow tall frets. A combination of a Handwound "OBG" Original Blackguard in the bridge and a Handwound Twisted Tele in the neck serves up a smooth and spicy Tele tone, and modern Tele wiring with Greasebucket tone circuit lets players roll off highs while preserving midrange tone and without adding bass.
Other features include a '60 Telecaster bridge with Compensated Brass saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and a "wing" string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: Mid 60's Oval C (1st Fret: .790" - 12th Fret: .930")
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Radius: 9.5"
- Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall (6105)
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: AAA Flat Lam Rosewood
- Inlays: Vintage White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Handwound OBG Original Blackguard
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Handwound Twisted Tele
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Special Electronics: Modern Tele Wiring with Greasebucket Tone Circuit
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage w/ Threaded Steel Barrel Saddles
- Tuners: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
440hz Music Store is Fender Custom Shop Authorized Dealer