Collings C10 with Adirondack Braces
Based on guitars first introduced around the same time as the OM, the Collings C10 is a leaner alternative, with the narrow waist and small upper bout resulting in a precise, focused response. Of all our acoustic models, the C10 is perhaps the easiest for electric guitarists to adapt to, thanks in part to the more rounded neck profile. The small oval neck heel is ideally suited to the optional cutaway, which allows unrestricted access to the upper frets. With its unique shape and asymmetrical headstock's lines echoed in the curvilinear pickguard, C10 models offer a welcome alternative for those who find that most small acoustic guitars look too much alike.
From the starting point of the wood's density and rigidity, each acoustic guitar top is hand selected, evaluated, and graduated to its own unique thickness; maximizing the tonal potential of each top.
Each Collings acoustic guitar, from our most affordable model to the highest end, are built with the finest tonewoods available. Each wood is acquired, acclimated, and hand selected by master luthiers here at our shop who pick each component with the whole tonality of the end instrument in mind.
A combination of exacting PLEK machine leveling and hand fret dressing ensures consistently excellent playability and a silky fret feel.
By meticulously hand-sanding between coats, our nitrocellulose lacquer finishes measure between .005” and .007” in final thickness, maximizing acoustic response while providing excellent protection and aesthetics.
The C10 features an ivoroid bound top and back with black/white top purfling and a walnut backstrip.
C10 Neck Profile
Each C10 features a comfortable medium-fat C shaped neck profile with 2 3/16 inch string spacing.
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with b/w/b purfling
- Bridge: Ebony straight-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with MOP long dots
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 11/16"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: C-shape
- Peghead Profile: Haircut
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly
- Backstrip: 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette: Ivoroid with b/w purfling
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Brace Material: Adirondack spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: .012"- .053"
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Additional Options: Adirondack Braces
440hz Music Store is Collings Guitars Authorized Dealer